Standards and criteria for acceptance into the Christian Science Nursing Arts Training Program at Arden Wood
- Membership in The Mother Church
- Active membership in a branch church
- Class Instruction from an authorized teacher of Christian Science
- Authorization to work legally in this country
Evidence of a demonstrable knowledge of Christian Science practice:
- Effective use of prayer to address personal problems
- Healings / demonstrations brought about through the applicant’s own prayers
- Regular time and study devoted to the Bible and the writings of Mary Baker Eddy
Evidence of a practical readiness to perform the necessary physical tasks required of a Christian Science nurse when ministering to the needs of others.
Strong references from four Christian Scientists who verify a readiness to begin this demanding course of instruction.
Life evidence of good interpersonal skills and a willingness to turn to prayer to bring healing to relationship problems.
A demonstrated ability to speak and write in understandable English.
Arden Wood Acceptance Process on receipt of a completed application
If the applicant meets the above criteria, Arden Wood’s Review Committee will proceed to:
- Interview references
- Evaluate application and references
- Conduct an interview in person or by phone with recommended candidates
- Make a final decision on candidate’s acceptance
- Finalize the hire upon receipt of a completed background check
For more information about the program or upcoming classes, please contact our CSNA Registrar at (415)379-2220 or .