Standards and criteria for acceptance into the Christian Science Nursing Arts Training Program at Arden Wood
- Membership in The Mother Church
- Active membership in a branch church
- Class Instruction from an authorized teacher of Christian Science
- Authorization to work legally in this country
Evidence of a demonstrable knowledge of Christian Science practice:
- Effective use of prayer to address personal problems
- Healings / demonstrations brought about through the applicant’s own prayers
- Regular time and study devoted to the Bible and the writings of Mary Baker Eddy
Evidence of a practical readiness to perform the necessary physical tasks required of a Christian Science nurse when ministering to the needs of others.
Strong references from four Christian Scientists who verify a readiness to begin this demanding course of instruction.
Life evidence of good interpersonal skills and a willingness to turn to prayer to bring healing to relationship problems.
A demonstrated ability to speak and write in understandable English.